Background and Scope
Welcome by the SYSID Organizing Committee Chair
The scope of the 2024 20th IFAC Symposium on System Identification covers all major aspects of system identification, machine learning techniques for decision and control of dynamical processes, experimental modelling, signal processing, adaptive control and reinforcement learning. Theoretical, methodological and scientific developments involve a large variety of application areas. To enhance the applications and industrial perspective of the symposium, participation from industry is particularly encouraged. Relevant topics for the symposium program include:
- Identification of linear, nonlinear, time varying, multivariable, hybrid and distributed systems
- Black-box modeling (neural and deep networks, kernel-based approaches, support vector machines, kriging … )
- Machine learning, data mining and Bayesian approaches
- Linear and nonlinear time series analysis • Estimation from spatio-temporal data
- State estimation and parameter tracking • Robustness issues in identification
- Sequential Monte Carlo methods, including particle filtering
- Parameter estimation and inverse problems • Modeling and identification of quantized systems
- Identification for control, adaptive control, data-based controller tuning, reinforcement learning
- Statistical analysis and uncertainty characterization • ldentifiability
- Experiment design
- Model validation
- Sparse estimation and other types of regularization
- Identification and estimation in data rich (big data) and networked environments
- Monitoring and fault detection
- Applications (including but not limited to transportation, telecommunications, aerospace, automotive, process control, motion control, robotics, econometrics, modal analysis, bioengineering and medical systems, ecosystems, energy and information networks)
- Teaching identification
Other scientific bodies co-sponsoring technically the conference
- [List of the non-IFAC co-sponsoring organisations]
- Domestic Society of Control Sciences
- Continental Association for Industrial Application of Control
- Fondation for Control Education
National Organizing Committee
SYSID 2024 Chair
(Northeastern University, Boston, USA)
SYSID 2024 Vice-Chair
(University of Michigan, USA)
SYSID 2024 Vice-Chair from Industry
(Arizona State University, USA)
Local Arrangements Chair
(Northeastern University, USA)
International Program Committee
(University of Padua, Italy)
(Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
Diversity and Inclusion statement
IFAC, as an international federation serving and representing all those concerned with the theory and application of automatic control and systems engineering wherever situated, is devoted to creating and fostering an inclusive environment that is open to diverse thoughts, ideas, and communications, without fear of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation against any member of this community. It is committed to providing equal opportunities and a safe environment for every person who chooses to participate in its work. Additionally IFAC strives for these same principles for all IFAC activities, including technical events, journals, and its various committees and governing boards.
- IFAC actively promotes the inclusion of a diverse set of speakers, which will lead to more representative discussions across IFAC.
- IFAC actively promotes the inclusion of a diverse set of members of its boards and committees at all levels, which will lead to more representative decisions, policies and activities across IFAC.
More about IFAC Mission and Vision
Become An IFAC Affiliate
IFAC offers services dedicated to individuals who sign-up as IFAC Affiliates. The services include the possibility to share and consult information about other Affiliates. It also gives access to more advanced features such as :
- Receiving the IFAC Newsletter.
- Receiving alerts about the IFAC Conferences in your field/s of interest.
- Benefit for reduced registration fees at IFAC Conferences. Conferences are typically 10€ (or the local equivalent) less expensive for IFAC Affiliates, than for non-affiliates.
- Participating in IFAC Technical Activities.
- Organizing IFAC Conferences.
- Participating in IFAC Journals.
- Applying to IFAC Awards.
- Applying to the IFAC Activity fund.
- And more to come in the future.
Moreover, being an IFAC Affiliate is free of charge. Any individual who is interested in Control Engineering should sign up !